- Samsonite International S.A. is the world's largest travel luggage company by retail sales value in 2010, with a 100-year heritage.
- We were founded by Jesse Shwayder in 1910 in Denver, Colorado, and began business as a trunk manufacturing company. Over the last century, we have developed and widely commercialized numerous innovations in luggage, establishing key industry trends and adapting to evolving consumer needs.
- We are engaged in the design, marketing and sale of travel, business and casual luggage as well as travel accessories. In 2010, our products were sold in more than 37,000 points of sale in over 100 countries through a variety of wholesale and retail distribution channels.
- Our core brand, Samsonite®, is one of the most well-known travel luggage brands in the world and has been central to the growth and success of our business since it was first introduced in 1941. In 1993, we acquired American Tourister, Inc., based in Providence, Rhode Island. This enabled us to market products under two of the most well known and respected brands in the luggage market.
- Our market-leading position results from our strong international brand presence, our significant scale, our robust investment on advertising and product innovation, our scalable distribution and sourcing ability, and our market-leading, high quality products.